About Me

My photo
Queensland, Australia
I'm an Australian author of Contemporary Romance, Romantic Action/Adventure, and Historical fiction. I live in Queensland, Australia. www.noelleclark.net

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Day 19 - NaNoWriMo


"No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. No surprise in the writer, no surprise in the reader." Robert Frost

My writing for Day 19 marked my most challenging scene yet. The death of my hero. Ever since I thought of writing this story, I was secretly dreading writing this scene. It came the time, though, on Day 19 of NaNoWriMo, and so I did it with as much skill as I could.

It was hard to see through the tears I shed as this wonderful man died. I had already killed off several other people, and one of those was also a very main character. I cried when Annie died too. And the baby. So, for day 20, I must help Oliver's wife pick up the pieces and live a life without her dear husband. I do hope I can help her.

I wrote a personal best of 4620 words on Day 19, that gives me a total of 38973. Not bad for a first timer. It's just a shame that my dear grandfather Oliver's death was the catalyst for such a writing total. But my four main characters, Darl and Oliver, Jack and Annie, are my own personal muses, sitting her on my shoulder, helping me to write their story.

No comments:

Post a Comment