About Me

My photo
Queensland, Australia
I'm an Australian author of Contemporary Romance, Romantic Action/Adventure, and Historical fiction. I live in Queensland, Australia. www.noelleclark.net

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Day 13 - NaNoWriMo


"A writer lives, at best, in a state of astonishment. Beneath any feeling he has of the good or evil of the world lies a deeper one of wonder at it all." William Sansom

Had a wonderful day writing at the State Library of Queensland with fellow YON Writers Group members Sharon Woolich @sharonwoolich, Matt T. Dillon @matttdillon, Annette Kendall and Anthea.

Unfortunately was not able to stay for the NaNoWriMo write out but did manage to get 1500 words done, giving me a total of 27,430.

Sunday, even a NaNoWriMo Sunday, is a time for family, so visited my 93 year old Mum, who just happens to be a character in my book.  Funnily enough, we were talking about birthdays and she asked me to get her birthday book.  I opened it and, lo and behold, there was an inscription "To dear Olive from Uncle Jack and Mary" -  well today at the writing session, I happened to kill off my dear Uncle Jack's beloved wife Annie.   Now, is that a coincidence or what?  The inscription, by the way, was dated August 1938.  I live in a state of astonishment, that is for sure.

;-/

No comments:

Post a Comment