About Me

My photo
Queensland, Australia
I'm an Australian author of Contemporary Romance, Romantic Action/Adventure, and Historical fiction. I live in Queensland, Australia. www.noelleclark.net

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 9 - NaNoWriMo


"Writing is an exploration. You start from nothing and learn as you go."  E. L. Doctorow

Well, the writing gods smiled benevolently on me today.  I have written 3607 words, but I worked hard for each one of those words.  For some reason, the flow was not quick.  I had to deviate and do research which held me up, but it was just very necessary to make the story flow. 

I know the rules state that you should forget quality and go with quantity, but sorry, I just can't do it.  Not saying that my writing has to be quality, but my research has to be spot on.

I am writng historial fiction.  If I have the light bulb being turned on before it was invented, well, you can imagine the reviews that the New York Times will give me.  ;-)

Something exciting happened today.  During my research, I came across a Professor from Cambridge Uni in England.  He is currently writing a book about the Chinese Maritime Customs Service.  So, I emailed him, and he emailed me back straight away.  Such a nice man.  He is keen to see my primary research documents, ie, my mother and aunt's memoirs, plus letters I have.  He also shared with me some info about his work in progress. Cool.

So, my total for Day 9 is, wait for it....  drum roll please...   20034   :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment