About Me

My photo
Queensland, Australia
I'm an Australian author of Contemporary Romance, Romantic Action/Adventure, and Historical fiction. I live in Queensland, Australia. www.noelleclark.net

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 21 - NaNoWriMo


"This morning I took out a comma, and this afternoon I put it back again."  Oscar Wilde

Today, Day 21 of NaNoWriMo, I broke the cardinal law that says you MUST NOT edit, revise, indeed even re-read what you have written so far for the challenge.  Today, I did not write one word, but I enjoyed, instead, reading the 8000 odd words I wrote last weekend.  I was uneasy with some of it and I just could not move forward with my story until I checked it.

So, I did some minor changes and found some big blunders, such as in one long paragraph where I talk about some of the political turmoil in China, and I found I say the same thing THREE TIMES!  Can you believe that?

So anyway, I had a day off writing and a day of fiddling with the story.  Was fun.

My total word count for the month is 42,768.  Not bad eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment