About Me

My photo
Queensland, Australia
I'm an Australian author of Contemporary Romance, Romantic Action/Adventure, and Historical fiction. I live in Queensland, Australia. www.noelleclark.net

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Day 23 - NaNoWriMo


"Being a real writer means being able to do the work on a bad day." Norman Mailer

I am finding that I am up one day, and down the next with my writing. Last night I could not write a thing. I worried about it for a while, but then decided to stop flogging a dead horse, and I did something else instead.

I wonder if that makes me not a 'real writer'? Possibly, but I also wonder if Mr Mailer also had a full time job, two and a half hours commuting in city traffic per day, a full house with two babies and three adults, two dogs and three cats, all vying for my attention as soon as I walk in the door after a hard day at the office. I think not.

When I am a 'full time writer', then surely I will have the ability to plough on even when the muse is not looking my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment