About Me

My photo
Queensland, Australia
I'm an Australian author of Contemporary Romance, Romantic Action/Adventure, and Historical fiction. I live in Queensland, Australia. www.noelleclark.net

Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 17 - NaNoWriMo



"They say great themes make great novels.. but what these young writers don't understand is that there is no greater theme than men and women.”   John O'Hara


Looking at all the notes and plans I had prepared for my month of literary abandon, it would seem that I had plenty of meat there, plenty of joggers and stimuli to keep me writing feverishly for one whole month.  But it seems that the reality has not quite been the expectation.

Oh, I have been writing lots, and most of it - not all of it - is of reasonable quality.  But I need to sit and plan again, on how I am going to move the story forward.  It is on a sustained peak a the moment, with many climaxes all coming at once.  When I do get a quiet time, it seems really flat.  But I guess that is what real life is like too isn't it?

And the real life that my Grandparents, Darl and Oliver, shared in China, was certainly like that.  Full of crises, climaxes, tragedy, and great happiness.  But in between there, there were real people living real lives, just men and women getting on with their lives and living it to the full.

No comments:

Post a Comment