About Me

My photo
Queensland, Australia
I'm an Australian author of Contemporary Romance, Romantic Action/Adventure, and Historical fiction. I live in Queensland, Australia. www.noelleclark.net

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Day 15 - NaNoWriMo


"A writer's job is to imagine everything so personally that the fiction is as vivid as memories." John Irving

I had a wonderful night of writing last night.  Because I am doing the NaNoWriMo challenge this month, naturally I am very pleased that I wrote 3363 words, but I dug deep last night and I think I wrote a passage that I would never have thought I could write. 

I am up to a point in my book where things are very grim, very sad.  People are dying everywhere, and one of my main characters does some inward thinking.  She is a very religious person, and for a moment there, she lost her faith.  I am happy because I think I really got inside my character's head.  I think I really felt the desolation and sadness that she would have felt.

This revelation to myself is all the more stunning because it is pretty much what I would have felt had it been me, instead of her, going through this.  In my own life, I too have lost a faith that I thought all my life was totally unshakeable. 

I have not yet re-read what I wrote last night, but I am hoping that it does not come over as cheesy or 'religious' in anyway, because it's not supposed to be.  It is supposed to be the honest and open thoughts of one of my characters and that was how I wrote it.

I am loving writing my book.  I am loving doing NaNoWriMo and would recommend it to any person who wants to really get stuck into writing a story that deserves to be told.

No comments:

Post a Comment