About Me

My photo
Queensland, Australia
I'm an Australian author of Contemporary Romance, Romantic Action/Adventure, and Historical fiction. I live in Queensland, Australia. www.noelleclark.net

Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Bold and the Brave

The lovely Incy Black has most graciously presented me with a ONE LOVELY BLOG award.

Thank you, Incy, I'm honoured.

Of course, rules are part of the acceptance process:

  • Display the Award logo
  • Thank, and link back to the nominator
  • List 7 Bold Facts about oneself
  • Nominate 7 fellow bloggers to carry forward the relay (don't forget to let them know).



Now, most of you who know me well will wonder if I've ever done anything in my life that could be described as 'bold' - as in brave, courageous, heroic.

Well, hold on to your underwear, because here is a list - not exhaustive - but I only chose seven as per the rules of this award, that will surprise you. And probably make you a tad jealous too.


1.  I have climbed the Great Wall of China.


2.  I’ve climbed to the very top of the Leaning Tower of Pisa. This shows my age as it’s not possible to do that now.

3.  I’ve trudged up 497 steps to the Cupola (dome) of Saint Peter’s Basilica in Rome. The view over Rome and the Vatican City is amazing.

4.  I went looking for the Hunchback of Notre Dame by climbing first up one tower, across the adjoining passageway, then down the other tower of Notre Dame. It was scary and dark, with tiny slits in the walls to look out of, just like Quasimodo. Bells rang, and gargoyles gawped. Fantastic.

5.  I’ve walked up the stairs to the second level of the Eiffel Tower.

6.  I’ve climbed up several of the temples in Angkor Wat, including Bayon Temple.

7.  But….as I got older I developed a fear of heights and when abseiling down a sheer rock wall when I was a Cub Scout Leader and helping my cubs get their climbing badge, I froze at the very edge of the drop and had to get assisted down in a very ungraceful and unglamorous manner
.

There you go, I now nominate seven other bloggers for this award.

Felicity Kates, Anne Lange, Tania Joyce, Kendall Talbot, Isabella Hargreaves, Deb Richardson, and Eva Scott.  -  Have fun ladies, and don't forget to abide by the rules. :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment