About Me

My photo
Queensland, Australia
I'm an Australian author of Contemporary Romance, Romantic Action/Adventure, and Historical fiction. I live in Queensland, Australia. www.noelleclark.net

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Five days until my first NaNoWriMo



I am excited and a little nervous. I am as prepared as I can be for my marathon 50,000 word write-fest which is what NaNoWriMo is – the National Novel Writing Month. This is an international competition with no prize except a sense of achievement and a book that has been fast-tracked by an enforced (self-imposed of course) period of intense writing.


My work in progress is my first book called ‘the Stone of Heaven and Earth’. I have done a lot of research and have planned to the enth degree. My outline will hopefully keep me powering on through 30 days and 30 nights of NaNoWriMo.

I have lots of ‘buddies’ to help me through this adventure, both local buddies who will join me for joint writing sessions, and virtual, most of whom I have met through Twitter.

Here is a list of what I have done to prepare for my NaNoWriMo journey:

• Told my large household (including 7 month old and 4 year old) that I am UNAVAILABLE during the month of November

• Booked no social activities in that month

• Organised to have two days off work to give me two extra full days of writing

• Worked hard on a fairly detailed outline

• Done as much research as I think I will need

• ‘Buddied up’ for support

• Prepared my writing space – my desk space, room, comfort

• Bought lots of lollies and other little treats

• Worked out a daily timetable to give me extra writing time by getting up earlier, streamlining my daily chores, working out how I can use train commuting time to write, and removing any barriers that I can use as an excuse NOT to write.

So, now as the clock ticks down, I am keen to get going. Follow my first Wrimo journey here on my blog. If you are a NaNoWriMo-er, please buddy up with me under the name ‘Karob’, and I will do the same. Leave a comment here and an email address and I will get back to you.

Bye and see you all on 1st November!

No comments:

Post a Comment