About Me

My photo
Queensland, Australia
I'm an Australian author of Contemporary Romance, Romantic Action/Adventure, and Historical fiction. I live in Queensland, Australia. www.noelleclark.net

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Book Review: Vienna Valentine by Antonia van Zandt

Review of 'Vienna Valentine' by Antonia van Zandt - out now with Etopia Press

Vienna ValentineVienna Valentine by Antonia Van Zandt

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

The cover for Vienna Valentine had me hooked long ago. It just took me a while to work through my ‘to read’ pile before I got to read it. It didn’t disappoint.

This erotic romance/paranormal novella is filled with rich, descriptive prose, evoking the old charm of Vienna, Austria. From Johann Strauss to street buskers; from Swan Lake to Wagner’s Parsifal; from museums to Viennese coffee and apfelstrudal at CafĂ© Ritter – I felt like I was ambling down the tree-lined avenues of Vienna. Van Zandt’s style of writing had me captured in the moment, and in the city of Vienna.

See if this short excerpt doesn’t carry you along with the beauty of the location:
“I soon approached my favorite spot. By a small lake where ducks swam with their young, peace reigned, broken only by the constant hum of traffic out on the Ring. I needed to be alone with my thoughts, so I selected a bench near my favorite tree. The leaves of the ‘facherblattbaum – the gingko boloba – spread in dark green fans, but come October, they would flutter down from the trees and cover the path with tiny, bright yellow litter.”


Karl, the gorgeous, golden-haired man who captures Nina’s heart, is to die for. He has many skills, and quite a few secrets. The romance is touching and delicate, and their love-making is robust and very fulfilling.

I loved this book. Rich and sophisticated, Vienna Valentine is a most enjoyable read.

View all my reviews

Amazon Review link
Goodreads Review link
Related link: "Vienna - Where the World Stops for Coffee" - an interview with Antonia van Zandt

2 comments:

  1. Nice one Noelle as you say there. And nice to see Antonia here with her gorgeous Karl.

    ReplyDelete